Tuesday, October 27, 2009

DIY Gifts

These days it seems to be worry for some when it comes to gift giving. With tight budgets it can be quiet hard to get the perfect gift for your loved ones and friends. I think it is a great idea to give a gift that shows one of your talents. It could be painting, scrap booking, maybe even gardening. Taking the time to create the perfect gift I think really shows how much you care for someone.


One great thing I like to give especially first time home buyers is a render of their home. Taken from a simple picture and designing it to look like a sketch! It makes a really great house warming gift. I have done it for many people and what I once thought was a gift I have done way to many times is now thought of as a specialty by my friends. Some have even requested the drawing to be their gift before I can even ask what they need for their new home. I really enjoy taking the time to create something they will treasure.


Here is one of my favorites I did for a friend, she actually passed it on to another friend to give them a housewarming gift. Currently I am working on a really cool one that includes a render of the home and the house plans. I will post a picture of it once it is framed.
I wonder what creative gift can you think of to give??



No comments:

Post a Comment